Cameron is the Managing Director and Co-owner of Kdec and has been an electrician locally and abroad for over 30 years. Cameron holds Clean Energy Council Solar Accreditation for Solar Design, Install and Storage. Cameron’s role includes everything from the day to day running of the business, including Domestic & Commercial Sales.Read More
- Working along side his wife Chelsey and building the the solar division of Kdec Solar from the ground up
- Cameron has been involved in works on countless solar systems, including solar farms of up to 330kw.
- Cameron’s career highlights include commissioning 3 x warships in the USA and starting the Kdec Solar business.
- Coach and player for sporting groups including Albury Cricket Club, Albury Football Club & Magpies Hockey Club.
- Spending time with family and friends. Fishing & Camping
Kallen has completed a Bachelor of Business – Management and Marketing majors and has spent over 9 years locally in the solar industry, quoting, planning and overseeing thousands of solar installations from 1.5kw systems, up to 100kw systems and above. Kallen prides himself on working with the customer's needs and tailoring a system to suit, not just filling the roof with panels.Read More
Kallen’s solar highlight's to date include:
- Urana Shire Council 35kw system, although not the largest, it was the most complex - requiring significant system design features to satisfy both the customer and local Distributor network requirements to achieve a functional and practical outcome.
- The Botanical Albury 27kw system, again not the largest system, but with site specific hurdles such as limited roof space and a 7 storey crane lift to get panels into position, it was a personally fulfilling installation.
- The Scots School 100kw system. This site presented numerous challenges including multiple storey installation, shade issues that were mitigated through the use DC optimisation of modules and the requirement of system components needing to communicate across multiple building stretching over 100’s of metres, through the use of RS485 to radio transmitting/receiving devices. All of the obstacles were overcome, leaving me pleased with end product and the contribution it is making towards to School’s energy mix.
- Spending family time with wife Courtney and two boys Reggie & Lewis.
- AFL football: following Geelong Cats.
- Playing cricket for Albury Cricket Club
- Breeding and racing horses.
Mark is a fully qualified electrician with 9 years experience and has Clean Energy Council Solar Accreditation, including the solar battery storage endorsement. Mark has had extensive experience on large solar, electrical and data projects, and now has a project managing and estimating role at KDEC in our electrical and data department.Read More
- Mark has been involved in the installation of over 100 solar systems, with the highlight being the 100kw system installed at Trinity Anglican College in Thurgoona.
- Mark’s career highlights include being awarded Most Outstanding Student during his apprenticeship at Albury TAFE and project managing the Docker Street Consulting project in Wagga Wagga.
- Playing football at Wodonga Raiders Football Club, fishing, horse racing and spending time with family and friends.
Kyle was welcomed in 2010, having started with Kdec as a work experience student, completing his apprenticeship and then becoming a fully qualified electrician and is now in Sales role helping customers with selecting the best systems available. Kyle has gone from strength to strength in his career, being accredited in CEC Design and Install, Grid Connect Battery and Stand Alone Power Systems and now studying his Cert IV in renewable energies.Read More
- Winning one of 7 country-wide Middy's scholarships worth $10,000 in 2018
- Further developing his skills through community initiatives such as Totally Renewable Yackandandah
- Kyle’s enjoys going out to the bush, whether it be in the four wheel drive, camping or on the motorbike.
- Attempting to renovate his house.
Chris Van ZantenChris is a fully qualified electrician with over 13 years experience, both locally and interstate and has been with Kdec Electrical & Solar for 8 years. Chris has held Clean Energy Solar Accreditation for 7 years and heads our Solar Service Department, looking after post installational documentation and helping customers wherever he can.
- Chris has installed over 700 residential and commercial solar systems. He has experience in designing and installing systems ranging in sizes from 2kW up to 100kW.
- Chris’ career highlights include winning the 2009 Victorian Apprentice of the year, project managing the Karinya Aged Care facility extensions in Corowa, and installing multiple 100kW systems in the Albury Wodonga and Melbourne areas.
- Spending time with family, playing football for Howlong football club and working in his shed to make furniture and toys for family and friends.
After spending 20 years working in an office a change of career was in order. Gavin has now been a qualified electrician for over 4 years and has had a great deal of experience installing solar as well as many other electrical jobs. He was involved in 53 of the 54 Totally Renewable Yackandandah installations Kdec carried out.Read More
- Gavin spent a large part of his apprenticeship installing solar systems. He also spent a year building high voltage switch gear
- Having worked on many solar installations including several 100kw systems
- Becoming CEC accredited for Design and Installation
- Refereeing volleyball up to the national league level and line judging international events
- Skiing as often as possible during winter
Andrew, a former accountant, joined us in June 2018. He moved here from Sydney where he worked constructing and testing the city’s high voltage electricity network. A country boy at heart, he is enjoying the clean air, the lack of traffic and developing his new skills as a solar installer. Andrew has been a qualified electrician since 2012 and has completed his CEC Design and Install & Grid Connect Battery.Read More
- Installation of a 32kW system on St Ives Hotel with the circus set up next door and the lions’ cage below
- More to come...
- Playing tennis, golf and going indoor rock climbing
- Hanging out with his family, partner Kimberley and two daughters, Felicity and Clementine
Dominic comes to us with a wealth of experience for his years after moving to the area with his wife and son in 2018 to join our team. Gaining prodominately Industrial & Commercial experience working in Cooma & Canberra, Dom is looking forward to a new challenge working on our electrical and solar jobs.Read More
- Spending time with family
- Playing hockey
In 2018 Alex made to move to Yackandandah with his immediate family and parents. Alex has years of Electrical and Civil Construction experience and is proud of his ability to work as an individual and part of a team. Alex has a fantastic sense of humour and manages to put a smile on the face of everyone he meets.Read More
- Four wheel driving
- Camping & fishing
Hasitha "Harry" Amaranayake
Harry is originally from Sri Lanka and before moving to Australia the majority of his electrical experience comes from an industrial background. Harry joined our team in 2017 and is a Trade Assistant with the solar installation team and has installed hundreds of systems already. He is now looking forward to becoming a qualified electrician here in Australia.Read More
- Getting the opportunity to work with team Kdec
- Being involved with installing large number of solar systems ranging in size from 1.5kW - 100kW
- Installing solar for the Totally Renewable Yackandandah project
- Spending time with family
- Volunteer work
Liam joined Kdec as an electrical apprentice after completing his Roof Plumbing apprenticeship and was lucky enough to be awarded Apprentice of the Year in his first trade. He's been fortunate enough to be on quite a few large commercial solar installations and a large variety of quality residential installs.Read More
- Installing large scale solar systems
- Working with great colleagues
- Liam enjoys playing A grade cricket for Albury Cricket Club
- Self development
Adam began his apprenticeship after he completed Year 12 at Xavier High School in 2017. He had a few months work experience with an electrican and worked casually as a landscaper before beginning with Kdec and has not looked back. Adam always has a positive attitude and a smile on his face.Read More
Installing large scale solar sytems
- Cricket & soccer
Aidan is a muture age apprentice. He began with us after completing his pre-apprenticeship course and came to us with rave reviews. He gives every day his all and has proven to be a great asset to our team. Aidan is going to be a valuable tradesman in time to come.Read More
- Basketball - playing & coaching
- Spending time with family & friends
James is our latest 1st year appentice recruit. With his inquisitive mind, James decided getting an electrical apprenticeship was a great career choice and after doing work experience with us he was offered a position. He loves a good laugh, and is transitioning well to his new life as a "tradie"Read More
- Going to the gym
- Playing footy
- Spending time with friends
Chelsey is Co-owner with husband Cameron and has been in Business Administration & Payroll for 25 years. She takes care of all facets of behind the scenes administration including HR, Accounts, marketing and management. Miss Frankie is the Walker family pet, and since arriving has become the Kdec office dog, she brings a smile to everyone she meets.Read More
- Successfully working alongside husband (its not for everyone!)
- Reaching the 10 year milestone of owning Kdec
- Employing people who beome part of the family
- Spending time with family and friends
- Watching her 4 boys play their respective sport
Stacie Van Bergen
Stacie has grown up in the region and joined the Kdec team in May 2019. She is currently undergoing her Certificate 4 in Accounting & Bookkeeping after completing her Certificate 3 in Business Administration. She assists Chelsey behind the scenes, including helping with day to day running of the office, booking appointments, customer service and administration.
If you come into the showroom, you will more than likely be greeted with Stacie's smiling face.Read More
- Mountain bike riding
- Baking cakes
- Spending time with family & friends